Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Program Manager (TPM) who will be part of the HW Engineering team focused on next generation robotic system design, as well as supporting the existing fleet of robotic & automation technology. The TPM will manage the full project lifecycle of innovative programs aimed at improving the efficiency and lowering the cost of Amazon’s next-generation Fulfillment Centers, Sortation Centers, Air Hubs, and Air Gateways. This position is responsible for the planning and execution of NPI & Sustaining programs while serving as liaison between Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Deployment Engineering, Solutions, Operations, Customer Support, and the Program Office.
If you are a Technical Program Manager, Project Engineer, or Technical Lead with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, an ability to influence business and technical leaders in a dynamic environment and the desire to be a contributor to Amazon's next generation fulfillment technology, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to build systems that benefit millions of customers and support sellers spanning the globe. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary program / project management, engineering, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems. The candidate should be open to new challenges, strong at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidate should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional operational and development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
· Lead the effective and efficient delivery of cross-functional projects.
· Interact with Systems & SW Engineering, Operations, and other key stakeholders to define and deliver complex programs.
· Drive consensus on technical decisions and ensure the appropriate resources are employed to deliver high quality results.
· Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
· Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Develop and drive hardware program schedules that meet the larger Program Management Office requirements.
· Drive programs across all HW disciplines including Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, Safety, Regulatory, HW Test Engineering
· Drive hardware program needs across other AR teams including supply chain, technical OPS and manufacturing
· Development of Functional Requirement Documents for programs based on Product Requirements.
· System Engineering background/skills
· Experience in or familiarity with product requirement development, requirements engineering or functional requirement decomposition
· Strong data analytical skills and experience developing and using tools to analyze large data sets to drive decisions
· Ability to estimate project cost and return on investment
· Understanding of warehouse fulfillment operations and transportation logistics
· Track record of being detail-oriented, demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Familiar with developing products through program phase gate processes
· PMP Certified
· Agile/Scrum experience
· MBA or Masters degree in engineering, computer science, or other related field
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent technical experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience leading hardware projects with aggressive schedules including a minimum of 2 years of project/program management experience (MS Project experience, or other Program Management tool experience required)
· Demonstrated ability to identify, communicate, and effectively mitigate technical and non-technical program risks
· Experience working on complex systems
· Demonstrated safety-focused behaviors
· Experience working in a fast-paced matrix technical organization.
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven problem solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills.