Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Hardware Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced inter-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, test and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Hardware Technical Program Manager will lead internal inter-disciplinary teams through the product execution phase process. The candidate is responsible for creating the project plan, including the schedule. You will work with the Product Manager to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. The Hardware Technical Program Manager will drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements and cross-functionally manage other internal team members. The Hardware Technical Program Manager will be responsible for the coordination and planning of all engineering builds at the supplier and drive the configuration management deliverables to ensure the timely release of all assemblies to production. In this role, you will:
· Drive execution of projects
· Lead cross functional project meetings
· Lead milestone reviews
· Present project status to the executive team
· Manage project builds globally
· Master's Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
· Proficient at creating and tracking complex development schedules, managing issues and tracking bugs
· Experience managing the introduction of new technologies
· Solid understanding of product development lifecycles
· Strong understanding of technical requirements for technology integration
· Hands on experience at overseas manufacturing facilities
· Excellent leadership skills
· Excellent communication skills
This position will require some international travel.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
· 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 2+ years of technical program management experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
· 5+ years of program management experience
· Experience with delivering high volume consumer electronics