Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet.
The Amazon Robotics Global Safety and Support (GSS) Team is responsible for providing technical support to internal fulfillment and transportation network customers that rely on advanced robotics technology to fulfill and ship customer orders. As part of the GSS umbrella, the Emerging Tech Services (ETS) Team supports a suite of newer technologies across four major categories: Robotic Work Cells, Pack Automation, Sortation Automation, and Autonomous Mobility.
In this role on the ETS team, you will be responsible for providing on-site technical support services such as new equipment testing, equipment upgrades, hardware quality audits, hardware failure analysis, and maintenance coaching. You are responsible for being the link between on-site technicians and engineers working within the Amazon Robotics, Advanced Technology, and Canvas organizations. You will launch new systems, develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures, ensure spare part availability, proactively monitor system performance, provide troubleshooting support, coach maintenance best practices, and implement continuous improvement initiatives across Amazon's customer fulfillment network. You are also expected to be able to work independently and with ambiguity in a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where multi-tasking is required.
· Provide on-site support for new product implementations, upgrades, routine hardware audits, and troubleshooting for advanced robotics systems
· Partner with product development, manufacturing, and site-level reliability, maintenance, and engineering (RME) teams to maximize the performance of advanced robotics systems
· Identify, analyze and resolve hardware and system issues across the ETS product suite
· Serve as an escalation point for on-site maintenance technicians including after hours high severity support and emergency site visits
· Conduct on-site audits against equipment, reliability and maintenance standards.
· Provide on-site new product launch support
· Develop and implement proactive monitoring tools to measure the safety, reliability, and performance of advanced robotics systems
· Develop and implement diagnostic tools to minimize troubleshooting and machine downtime
· Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures for advanced robotics systems
· Lead on-site coaching sessions for local RME teams supporting Amazon operations
· Conduct safety, ergonomic, and risk assessments on ETS products and tools and preventative maintenance procedures
· Provide requirements and “voice of the customer” feedback to development and support teams
· 50% - 75% travel expected
This position will be virtual in Florida or the surrounding area.
· MS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or related field)
· Knowledge and or working experience in dealing with big data
· Familiarity with CAD design tools, industry trends, and design for supportability
· Experience programming industrial automation control systems
· PLC troubleshooting & programming experience
· Experience creating and implementing scalable standard operating procedures, performance metrics, and feedback mechanisms
· Experience managing new hardware implementation projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
· BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or related field)
· Knowledge and/or working experience with statistical analysis tools, data visualization, and program management
· Experience with troubleshooting and technical problem-solving
· Experience with 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone, FMEA, or comparable root cause analysis methodologies
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues
· Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously