The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo
What will you help us create?
As a Power Management Engineer, you will be responsible for owning the power models, power architecture and conducting power consumption characterization on multiple projects. You will work closely with multi-disciplinary groups including Product Design, Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Reliability and Operations, to drive key aspects of engineering of consumer electronics products. You will conduct testing and optimization cycles of complex embedded systems in different use-cases. You will be expected to write/update code to interface lab equipment to computers and write scripts to automate the testing. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of power engineering, analog electronics and microprocessor architecture.
In this role, you will:
· Interact with cross functional engineering teams across the company
· Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
· Participate in design reviews
· Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability
· Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products.
· Master’s degree
· 3+ years of experience in consumer electronics products
· Expertise in LDOs, SMPS and power distribution in embedded systems
· Expertise in power consumption modelling power trees, factory verification concepts, and optimization on SoC microprocessors
· Understanding of modern consumer SoC microprocessors, DSP, neural and image processors.
· Experience with Linux or Android based consumer devices
· Familiarity with Matlab, Python and/or Perl
· Technical document writing using Visio, Word, Excel, and / or PowerPoint
· Revision control and document control
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of experience as a hardware engineer.
· Experience with schematic capture with tool sets such as OrCAD; overseeing and reviewing PCB layout in Allegro or equivalent
· Experience with Lab Equipment such as Oscilloscopes, DC Analyzers and DAQ systems
· Experience debugging power issues on embedded electronics devices
· Experience using LDOs, SMPS and power distribution in embedded systems or power consumption modelling and optimization on SoC microprocessors