Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their .
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
The Hardware Engineer, Validation and will be responsible for:
· Working with design and process engineering to develop programs, methods and plans to verify designs and qualify manufacturing processes;
· Participating in design failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA) to help identify high risk areas for;
· Participating in overall risk analysis to help determine the correct priority order for execution;
· Writing plans and executing these plans or ensuring that they get executed in a timely manner;
· Working to improve the overall and fixture design capability of the organization;
· Design, build, and maintain automated equipment for reliability testing;
· Help develop, build, and maintain prototypes for proof of concept testing;
· Analyzing test results and author design verification test reports.
· BS/MS/PhD – Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering;
· Hands on analysis with mechatronic systems;
· Experience working in new product introduction in medium to high volume products
· 2+ years of experience in troubleshooting and testing of mechatronics or robotic systems
· Experience in Python, matlab, and/or C/C++ programming.