The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA.
We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to collaborate and push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design. We are looking for excellent engineers that epitomize technical and operational excellence – that can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world challenges. Full cycle product development experience from inception through maturity is important. Working simultaneously on projects in different phases is common; you are able to demonstrate strong design and validation skills in addition to the understanding of mechanics of ongoing operational excellence and product support. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Role: As a Electrical Engineer & Test Development Engineer you will be responsible for supporting both design development and defining and implementing test strategy for new hardware devices. You will be a key member of the development team and will be the main interface with the internal operations team as well as our Contract Manufacturers (CM).
In this role, you will:
· Perform schematic design and PCB layout
· Contribute to overall architectural and system-level design
· Support Electrical validation of system parameters for various merchandising support needs.
· Perform PCB board level validation and execute system validation to verify design parameters through robust testing.
· Define test strategy, implement and optimize test setup/processes including design and qualification of test fixtures, test equipment and test software
· Feed in design recommendations and improvements based on test findings.
· Drive test requirements, specifications and limits with the hardware development team
· Work concurrently with the design engineers to provide design for testability (DFT) feedback throughout the design process
· Investigate and troubleshoot yield issues during prototype and production builds
· Investigate and introduce new test technology and methodology to enhance production efficiency
· Experience with production quality metrics such as Lean manufacturing
· Proven track record of releasing manufacturing test for at least two products from concept through production
· Experience working with International CM Partners
· Python or other scripting experience to develop test scripts for data collection.
· Hardware development experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
· 4+ years of experience in design/testing/manufacturing/operations of electronic devices.
· At least 2 years’ experience of working with contract manufacturers for all stages of product development
· Experience with system level design including circuit design, system bring-up, and integration and debugging
· Experience with low-power circuit design.
· Experience developing robust designs for ESD/EMI immunities and RF de-sensitization
· Experience with Java and Python programming in a Linux development environment. Python scripting a must.
· Able to define objectives and outcomes of various manufacturing tests at PCBA, open chassis and full system test, security certificate.
· Experience with reviewing hardware designs to define test coverage to ensure products are built free of manufacturing defects. Deep understanding of DFT and DFM methods.
· Firmware functional and interface knowledge.
· Interested and able to travel internationally