Amazon is seeking an experienced and technology oriented Hardware Integration Engineer, Advanced Technology, to drive innovation and develop breakthrough technologies within the EU Team of Advanced Technology. Successful candidates will have strong experience in technology development and testing in the mechatronics area and be highly motivated individuals who have several years of experience in development and testing of mechanical and mechatronics equipment.
Possible Locations: Berlin, Luxembourg, Barcelona, Vercelli/Milano
The HW Integration Engineer:
• leads the preparation and execution of on-site activities for new technologies under development
• runs on-site testing, gathers learning from the field, support the technology development by providing feedback to the development team, and implements changes to improve the system and/or correct failures.
• debugs and resolves problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• understands the fundamental electrical and mechanical constraints
• consistently follows engineering best practices and where possible drives their adoption.
• demonstrates a pragmatic and hands-on mindset, to get problems fixed in the ground.
• demonstrates a Think Big mindset and has a high travel flexibility, to lead testing activities across all European Sites
The role will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfillment Center design, implementation, modeling, equipment and technology. This individual will lead a x-functional project team and provide technical direction during the machine testing activities to develop conceptual design, performance specifications and development of scale-up testing activities to operational readiness. This leader will work in strict collaboration with WW Engineering, EU Engineering, Equipment Vendors, Software Developers and Procurement. The Senior Hardware Application Engineer will drive an invent and simplify strategy, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the innovations and initiatives. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.