Do you have a passion for IoT? Would you like to be part of a team focused on engaging customers of all sizes, across a number of industries, to help them build and execute on their digital transformation vision? Do you have the sales acumen and technical aptitude to drive adoption of cloud services? Amazon Web Services provides companies of all sizes with an IoT infrastructure platform in the cloud to connect, manage and analyze data from smart connected devices at scale. Customers want to solve important business problems related to the devices they deploy across consumer and industrial scenarios and AWS IoT service and solutions are key to enabling that business value. We are growing our Sales team to create a role focused on engaging our breadth customer base, to help them better understand and take advantage of AWS IoT services to achieve their unique business outcomes. If you are passionate about IoT and have the skills, the GTM Specialist, IoT role provides the opportunity to build your career at AWS while helping some of the biggest companies achieve their IoT goals.
The GTM Specialist, IoT is responsible for growing the consumption of AWS IoT services within existing accounts across the America’s, in addition to some prospecting on new leads. The ideal candidate will apply their sales and technical experience to proactively engage with customers to uncover new opportunities, and then partner internally with our WWSO IoT Regional Sales Teams, Solutions Architects, and AWS Field Account Teams to determine the best path forward. You will become proficient in our IoT Services and key sales plays and be adept and knowing the best path to support a customer’s requirements. You will also work closely with our Partner and ProServe teams to provide additional support to customers as either buyers or builders of technology solutions. You will be a power user of Salesforce to develop and improve forecasting hygiene, and build reports that identify the impact you’re having on pipeline development and new wins / new revenue. A successful candidate will generate and maintain active engagements with customers and prospects, as well as consistently meet and exceed sales quotas.
• Ability to prospect, identify, and close new revenue opportunities
• Strong technical, sales, and listening skills
• Ability to understand complex sales plays and determine how to apply to a customer’s needs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment
• Knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing; understand and identify opportunities for customers
• Track record of managing time efficiently, meeting personal goals, and working effectively with internal, partner, and customer teams
• Experience with CRM (Salesforce.com preferred), and web-based meeting applications (e.g. Chime)
• AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification or AWS Solutions Architect - Associate Certification, preferred but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tempe)
· 3+ years minimum technical sales experience in B2B environments, in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
· BA/BS degree or relevant experience