The Amazon Web Services Infrastructure Global Expansion Network Development Edge team (AWS IGE-NetDev Edge) is looking for a Technical Business Developer to work with teams across the organization to procure data center capacity, support long-term scaling strategies for AWS's network edge points of presence (PoPs), and manage a portfolio of critical infrastructure agreements. This person will need to be a strategically-oriented individual with strong communication skills that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
The IGE-NetDev Edge team supports AWS by planning and executing long term scaling strategies for AWS's network edge colocation. As a Technical Business Developer, you will work with stakeholders develop and execute contractual agreements with key datacenter vendors and support development of long-term infrastructure scaling strategies with senior business developers. In this role, you will also manage the organization's procurement functions, plan and manage its infrastructure costs, negotiate commercial terms, manage relationships with its vendors, and act as a subject matter expert on commercial matters related to its infrastructure agreements.
A successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator with both vendors and internal customers, have a strong ability to overcome obstacles to deliver the right results, possess a strong sense of ownership, be adept at taking calculated risks in order to act quickly, have strong organizational skills, and be data driven with a passion for continuous improvement. This position involves direct contact with senior leaders and key vendors; you must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate effectively with people at every level, both internally and externally.
· Manage infrastructure transactions: validate internal stakeholder inputs, engage with vendors, prepare business cases for leadership approval, and drive contract execution with Legal partners
· Support development of Master Service Agreements, Master Work Orders, and contract amendments with senior business developers
· Prepare business cases to obtain leadership approvals for all contractual agreements. Forecast project costs and partner with internal teams to build business case for leadership review
· Lead stakeholder requirements gathering related to contractual basis of design, scope of work, security and operational standards, logistical requirements, and obtain internal stakeholder approvals
· Manage internal stakeholder communication and provide status updates on contract executions. Represent team in project meetings and work cross-organizationally to address project issues
· Negotiate and manage commercial relationships with infrastructure vendors on procurement and account management related matters, and support senior business developers on overall vendor management
· Manage organization's procurement activities including vendor onboarding/qualification, supplier engagement, purchase order creation, and purchase order lifecycle management.
· Manage infrastructure operating expenses, including obtaining internal financial approvals, budget planning with finance, working with vendors to address any invoicing issues, and controlling cash disbursements.
· Act as regional subject matter expert on commercial and contractual matters related to the organization's contract portfolio.
· Provide ad-hoc support and analysis to senior business developers on strategy documents, research requests, and stakeholder management.
· Ensure data integrity in supply planning and execution systems related to infrastructure supply options including cost, capacity, key dates, and contractual terms.
· Support continual process improvement initiatives and lead projects related to operational efficiency, team effectiveness and new value-added activities.
· 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: business development, procurement, or finance
· BS/BA degree in Business and/or Finance related field, or related experience
· Experience with datacenter colocation infrastructure, including rack layout, cooling, and power backup/generation systems
· Experience managing procurement transactions successfully, including supplier communication, cost analysis, negotiations and contracting, and supplier performance management
· Experience managing commercial relationships with vendors
· Experience leading projects from inception to launch in a Procurement or Legal environment