Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Global Trade Compliance Analyst to support our business on a broad range of global import and export compliance matters. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment across multiple projects simultaneously. You will interact with Engineering Services, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Tax, and other internal businesses and external stakeholders to drive trade compliance.
AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, storage, databases, networking, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world's fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. GT&PC is responsible for ensuring that the hardware and software necessary to support the AWS services are imported/exported compliantly across the multiple countries where AWS operates and will expand.
· Support the delivery of daily tasks related to providing import/export compliance guidance with all US and foreign regulations in the conduct of AWS trade activities, including conducting research, updating status reports, and coordinating team deliverables.
· Assists with technology, hardware, and software trade classification, including: Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), and Schedule B
· Assists with maintenance of import/export processes and controls and collaborate with team members to drive trade compliance solutions that maximize global import/export efficiency.
· Seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies to drive compliance with global trade regulations.
· Monitor global import/export regulatory and procedural changes to help prepare draft guidelines for communicating to management and stakeholders.
· Interface with cross functional groups to identify and rectify any information/process gaps during the export/import process
· Generate and contribute to performance metrics for all related activity
· Perform project management support tasks to enable delivery of team assignments and objectives
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
· 4+ years of relevant experience with international trade compliance responsibilities in a complex import / export environment
· 4+ years of experience with US and/or foreign regulations governing imports and exports (including but not limited to EAR, OFAC, US Customs, FTR)
· 4+ years of experience using data driven process improvement tools and metrics.
· 4+ years of experience analyzing business problems using different tools (such as Microsoft Office, and statistical analysis)