Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to be the global technical lead of the AWS Partner segment, High Performance Computing. This role is not about lifting legacy HPC workloads into AWS. It is about tackling long tail problems through collaboration with partners, changing industry norms, and re-imagining the HPC customer experience through a cloud lens.
In this role, you work backwards from customer needs to define and execute a technical strategy with opt-in initiatives for supporting teams. You will work directly with some of the largest, most strategic partners, as well as new, born in the cloud startups. Finding alignment with other HPC specialists through out the AWS product and field teams will create opportunities for collaboration and direct customer feedback.
As the right candidate, you're as comfortable "solutioning" with a roomful of peers as you are briefing an executive audience. Your brand is cultivated through technical content like blogs and whitepapers, webinars, industry event presence like AWS re:Invent, and innovative new patent ideas for what could be a future Amazon product or feature.
Your success in this role will be determined by your ability to relate extensive technical expertise to customer challenges just around the corner, and to share that knowledge with others.
You will do well in this role if you have:
· Experience having been in an HPC customer.
· Experience working directly with other HPC customers.
· Prior experience working with partner communities.
· Polished public speaking and unambiguous writing skills.
· Experience using cloud technologies, including both basic compute and storage primitives, as well as higher-level cloud services.
· Experience with AWS.
· Ability to think strategically about and balance business, product, and technical challenges.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
This position can be based in anywhere in the US where we have Amazon presence. Relocation assistance offered from within the US.
Up to 20% travel is typical for this role.
· Prior experience working with Consulting or Technology Partner communities.
· Experience with AWS and AWS Certifications.
· Working knowledge of HPC schedulers and distributed/parallel file systems, underlying IT systems, and the HPC development process.
· An advanced degree in engineering, the sciences, computer science, or related discipline.
· A proven track record in field of interest with publications and conference attendance.
· Hands-on experience with a broad range of HPC workloads
· Experience and comfort with public speaking.
· A strong desire to break from the status quo of HPC.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· For San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· For Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· 10+ years of hands on relevant experience, including having been a customer for HPC solutions in some kind of large-scale workload.
· 3+ years experience in technical sales/trusted technical advisor roles.
· Thorough understanding of resource management and performance optimization problems (and solutions) associated with large-scale computing environments.