Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to be the global technical lead of the AWS Partner segment Business Applications ("BizApps"). This is a diverse space, ranging from CRM and ERP systems to Robotic Process Automation and chat platforms like Slack. You work backwards from customers to help partners develop the technical strategy and lead execution of strategic technical initiatives to solve customer challenges in innovative ways. You will work directly with some of the largest, most strategic APN Partners, as well as new born in the cloud startups.
As the right candidate, you're as comfortable "solutioning" with a roomful of peers as you are briefing an executive audience. Your brand is cultivated through technical content like blogs and whitepapers, webinars, industry event presence like AWS re:Invent, and innovative new patent ideas for what could be a future Amazon product or feature.
Your success in this role will be determined by your extensive technical expertise across the landscape of BizApps solutions and your ability to share that knowledge with others.
You will do well in this role if you have:
· Experience working directly with customers
· Prior experience working with partner communities.
· Multi-dimensional experience with the BizApps taxonomy of use cases.
· Excellent public speaking and writing skills.
· Experience using cloud technologies, including both basic compute and storage primitives, as well as higher-level cloud services.
· Experience with AWS.
· Ability to think strategically about and balance business, product, and technical challenges.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
This position can be based in anywhere in the US where we have Amazon presence. Relocation assistance offered from within the US.
Up to 20% travel is typical for this role.
· Prior experience working with Consulting or Technology Partner communities.
· Experience with AWS.
· AWS Certifications
· An advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics is preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· For San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· For Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· 7+ years of hands on relevant experience, including having been a customer for BizApps solutions.
· 3+ years experience in technical sales roles.