Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and interpersonal skills. Have you built a career immersed in the technology that runs global financial systems? Does working at the intersection of the Financial Services (FSI) and Automotive industry excite you? AWS is seeking for an experienced Solutions Architect to help shape the future for the largest providers of automotive financial services worldwide.
In this role you will craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services in the Automotive domain. As a trusted customer advocate, the Solutions Architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. This is an ideal role for someone with experience in the financial services sector, broad knowledge of financial services applications and infrastructure, and an understanding of the transformational value cloud technologies can bring to shape the future of digital business models for our Automotive customers.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
· Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
· Enjoy working with large, global customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
· You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills up to date and developing new ones, so you can actively contribute to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
· In partnership with the account management team, formulate and execute a strategy
· Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Author technical content or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers or reference architectures
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support
· Experience working within regulated environments or the (automotive) financial services industry
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions and FSI-related applications to the cloud
· Experience architecting and operating solutions built on AWS
· Experience with cloud solutions, software development, operational management practices and frameworks in a regulated environment
· Experience working directly with customers in a technology sales, presales, or consulting capacity
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Experience in designing, building, and operating distributed applications
· Experience in infrastructure, database, and networking architecture
· Practical experience in the application of software development tools and methodologies
· History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
· Written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of comfort speaking to a broad variety of stakeholders including business executives, IT Management, and developers
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams
· Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly