Would you like to help customers adopt cloud at scale and help hundreds of companies retire their technical debt? We are seeking global product management leader for the AWS Migrations Acceleration Program that helps reduce the time, effort, cost and risk for customers as they drive business results by migrating to AWS.
As a Global Product Management Lead for the Migrations (MAP) team, you will have an exciting opportunity to build systematic approaches that can be applied across thousands of customers to define priority workloads and help them migrate and modernize to AWS on a world-wide basis. Your responsibilities will be to prioritize workloads, define and lead development of new approaches to reduce the time, effort, cost, and risk of customers migrating to AWS at scale. You will be working closely with our Product, Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing, Business Development, and the Program team to build the capabilities to accelerate customers’ migrations to AWS. You must be comfortable working with cross functional global teams in a dynamic organization as the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes business development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, compliance, product, sales enablement, sales operations, and other related teams
Right candidate will have experience defining and delivering large scale cloud transformation programs for enterprise customers and have the technical depth and breadth to work closely with the Product, Engineering and Professional Services teams. They will also have appreciation of process and people change management complexities of adopting cloud at scale, and its impact on IT operating processes and skills transformation needed to realize full benefits from cloud. Lastly, demonstrated experience in developing programmatic approaches for global scaling, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a deep understanding of enterprise IT and cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies is expected.
Role & Responsibilities
· Own and drive the product management for Windows migrations and modernizations on AWS. Analyze market and prioritize specific workloads to build scalable motions to help accelerate migration and modernization to AWS.
· Working backwards from customer needs, and in collaboration with stakeholder teams, develop and launch migrations methods, tools, and prescriptive guidance for internal and external customers. Methods and tools are expected to span both pre-sales activities and post-sales delivery.
· Develop mechanisms to capture knowledge, learnings, and migrations patterns, and to share internally and externally with customers and partners.
· Instrument and measure customer outcomes, and evolve migrations methods, tools, and guidance to accelerate customer and partner outcomes, while reducing effort and risk.
· Identify gaps in migrations methods and tools, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve.
· Tailor migrations methods, tools, and guidance for common migrations patterns.
· Help develop training and enablement necessary for internal and external resources to successfully deliver migrations engagements globally.
· Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events. Further AWS thought leadership in cloud migrations domain.
· Identify, prioritize, and deliver new product assets, working backwards from customer needs.
· Product assets will include (but not be limited to): market messaging, customer engagement tools, reference architectures and implementations, maturity models, a product knowledge base, service-integration solutions, and new platform services.
· Support business case development for new offerings, tooling, and platform services that will enable customer’s success.
· Create detailed business and technical requirements for new features and program functionalities through partnership with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Achieve buy-in from various cross-functional teams.
· 7+ years of experience working with Enterprise technologies.
· 5+ years of experience in shaping and executing transformative technology strategies with Enterprise customers.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
· Proven success in communicating across technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Experience working with cross-functional global teams in a dynamic organization
· Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
· Technical degree in Computer Science, and/or Engineering.
· MBA highly preferred.
· 5+ years of technology consulting experience
· 3+ years of experience with Cloud Services
· 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft Windows stack and portfolio with good understanding of the Windows service offerings and GTM models.
· First-hand experiences with enterprise technology strategy planning and decision making process
· Deep understanding of enterprise application portfolio management
· Hands-on experience implementing and operating enterprise application platforms and/or databases technologies
· 3+ years of experience in technology transformation, with more recent experiences in cloud-led technology change program(s).
· Knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / virtualization / networking / compute / storage / databases technologies highly desired.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for San Francisco, CA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· 7+ years experience in application architecture, development, and/or IT/cloud transformation.
· 5+ years of experience as a product or program manager