Would you like to help customers adopt cloud at scale and help hundreds of companies retire their technical debt? We are seeking global product management leader for the AWS Migrations Acceleration Program that helps reduce the time, effort, cost and risk for customers as they drive business results by migrating to AWS.
As product management lead for the Program, you will have an exciting opportunity to build systematic approaches that can be applied across thousands of customers to define priority workloads and help them migrate and modernize to AWS on a world-wide basis. Your responsibilities will be to prioritize workloads, define and lead development of new approaches to reduce the time, effort, cost, and risk of customers migrating to AWS at scale. You will be working closely with our Product, Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing, Business Development, and the Program team to build the capabilities to accelerate customers’ migrations to AWS. You must be comfortable working with cross functional global teams in a dynamic organization as the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes business development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, compliance, product, sales enablement, sales operations, and other related teams
Right candidate will have experience defining and delivering large scale cloud transformation programs for enterprise customers and have the technical depth and breadth to work closely with the Product, Engineering and Professional Services teams. They will also have appreciation of process and people change management complexities of adopting cloud at scale, and its impact on IT operating processes and skills transformation needed to realize full benefits from cloud. Lastly, demonstrated experience in developing programmatic approaches for global scaling, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a deep understanding of enterprise IT and cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies is expected.
Role & Responsibilities
· Analyze market and prioritize specific workloads to build scalable motions to help accelerate migration and modernization to AWS
· Working backwards from customer needs, and in collaboration with stakeholder teams, develop and launch migrations methods, tools, and prescriptive guidance for internal and external customers. Methods and tools are expected to span both pre-sales activities and post-sales delivery.
· Develop mechanisms to capture knowledge, learnings, and migrations patterns, and to share internally and externally with customers and partners.
· Instrument and measure customer outcomes, and evolve migrations methods, tools, and guidance to accelerate customer and partner outcomes, while reducing effort and risk.
· Identify gaps in migrations methods and tools, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve.
· Tailor migrations methods, tools, and guidance for common migrations patterns.
· Develop training and enablement necessary for internal and external resources to successfully deliver migrations engagements globally.
· Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS thought leadership in cloud migrations domain.
· Periodically present progress to executive leadership.
· Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
· Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of cross-functional projects within the program - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired
· Knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / virtualization / networking / compute / storage / databases technologies highly desired.
· 10+ years of experience in technology transformation, with more recent experiences in cloud-led technology change program(s) in leadership capacity.
· Experience leading large application estate migration to AWS.
· Deep understanding of enterprise technology environment, applications, and architectures.
· Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiations skills.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· 5+years of experience in a leadership role in an IT transformation program.
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in technology focused consultative, delivery, solutions, architecture, product, or business development roles for enterprises.
· 3+ years of experience in cloud technologies – public and hybrid cloud platforms.
· 3+ years of experience developing, implementing, managing and executing field programs.