At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! AWS is a place where builders can build. We invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. If you'd like to help AWS continue growing as a leader in the cloud and data industry, this is the job for you.
The Generation Service Technician has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within data center operations. The person in this role is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing quality repairs of electrical generator systems and related engine mechanical failures. The Generator Service Technician is both the technical expert and primary customer support contact to the customer, and is therefore responsible for continually communicating with the customer to provide an exceptional customer experience and drive data center up-time and availability.
· Know and follow all Company safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in company accident prevention and safety improvement activities
· Respond to customer requests
· Travel to designated sites and perform professional quality field service repairs consistent with company standards
· Advise the Generator Service Manager of parts needed for necessary repairs
· Keep Generator Service Manager continually apprised, and utilize leadership to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary
· Document detailed, complete and legible descriptions of all repair operations performed
· Accurately record time, expenses, and mileage
· Travel 80-90% of the time in an assigned region, and/or work overtime, weekends, or holidays, sometimes on short notice
· Lift up to 40 lbs frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 40 lbs
· Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required
· 2-year technical training program completion, or completion of a 3 year apprenticeship
· Fully trained on Cummins and Caterpillar products
· Knowledge of engines, generators and load transfer equipment
· Technical knowledge of electrical generator systems and related engine mechanical failures
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2+ years of hands-on experience is required working on electrical generator systems
· DOT Medical Card - Qualify and Maintain DOT certification