At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. If you'd like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is the job for you.
The Generation Service Technician has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within data center operations. The person in this role is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing quality repairs of electrical generator systems and related engine mechanical failures. The Generator Service Technician is both the technical expert and primary customer support contact to the customer, and is therefore responsible for continually communicating with the customer to provide an exceptional customer experience and drive data center uptime and availability.
· A 2-year technical training program completion, or completion of a 3 year apprenticeship
· 2+ years experiance on Cummins, MTU and Caterpillar generator products
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2+ years of hands-on experience is required working on electrical generator systems
· DOT Medical Card - Qualify and Maintain DOT certification