Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We’ve got a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with all the unique strengths of being part of Amazon. Across all our teams and locations, we’re united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games—and we’re looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you’ll have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Our Orange County office in Irvine, California, is creating New World, an open-world MMO that pits players against each other and the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration.. We’re looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join our team—you’ll be working alongside a vibrant community of developers and game-lovers as we all work to share this ambitious game with the world. In this role, you’ll be part of a team that is responsible for creating ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience.
As a Gameplay Engineer you will be responsible for implementing and supporting gameplay centered on players including combat, movement, animation, weapons, and abilities. You will work with a team of designers and animators to bring New World to life. We’re looking for a creative problem solver with a passion for gaming, someone who enjoys a challenge and is a constant advocate for game quality. All levels will be considered.
In this role you will:
· Work with designers and other engineers to develop and deploy fun, innovative gameplay.
· Empower game designers through rapid iteration and creation of top-notch tools.
· Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Utilize flexible, scalable patterns to ensure a high-quality multiplayer experience.
· Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· At least one released game on which you were a primary contributor – self-published titles are acceptable
· Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience
· Working experience with server-authoritative applications
· Excellent software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures, and 3D math
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us(Opens in a new tab)
· 3+ year of professional C++ experience or equivalent college projects
· 3+ years of C++, working on multi-discipline teams
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 3+ years of equivalent experience