Fullstack Software Development Engineer II – AWS DataSync - Boston, MA
Do you want to join a team of creative and talented software engineers who are helping to revolutionize hybrid storage and data movement to the cloud? Do you want to be a part of one of the newest AWS services and have the chance to help define and build its future? Do you want to share in the excitement and challenge of building world class software solutions within the fastest growing division of Amazon? If you answered yes to these questions and then come be a part of the AWS DataSync team.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with over a million active customers in 190 countries around the world. AWS’s code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner.
AWS DataSync is looking for innovative engineers with a passion for solving challenging problems to join the team and help evolve the service. DataSync enables customers to simplify and automate the movement of data between on-premises storage and the AWS cloud at speeds 10 times faster than open source solutions. If you enjoy creating software and solutions which have real customer impact, this is your chance to join a team early its life and help shape the future of a growing service.
As a software development engineer on the DataSync team, you will be a key contributor to the future direction and growth of the service. You will be part of a team of highly productive and action-oriented professionals and help architect and implement the next set of features and functionality. You will investigate operational issues, resolve customer challenges and help maintain and enhance the operational excellence that creates loyal AWS customers. In short, as a member this team you will be given the opportunity to make fundamental contributions to the design and architecture of the service and to grow your technical and professional skills while helping DataSync and AWS grow.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Boston office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This is a full-time position and is based in our Boston, MA office located in the Seaport District with parking, easy T access to South Station, and a beautiful view of Boston Harbor.
Apply online at: http://www.amazon.jobs/
· 2 or more years experience engineering full stack web applications
· Familiarity with scalability, concurrency, and API design
· Experience applying quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
· Professional experience instrumenting and managing applications built on cloud infrastructure such as with AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, and DynamoDB
· Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.