Are you interested to disrupt and redefine the way customers buy Beauty products online? Are you interested in using the latest advances in machine learning, computer vision, and augmented reality to build online customer experiences for Beauty products that can equal or even surpass an in-store experience?
We are looking for talented and innovation-driven Fullstack Engineers who are passionate about raising the bar on building immersive and elevated customer experiences. You will have an opportunity to revolutionize the customer shopping experience across the world's most extensive catalog of beauty products. You will be directly responsible for designing and developing innovative software in this domain. You will collaborate with product managers, UX designers, applied scientists, and the broader Amazon tech community to build software solutions that enhance the beauty shopping experience across all surfaces, including desktop, mobile devices, and other Amazon devices.
About the team
The Amazon Beauty Tech is a brand-new team that is rapidly expanding. We are a small group of engineers, product managers, and designers who drive technological innovation to improve customer experience. We have a startup-like work culture where innovation is encouraged; we are never afraid to propose grand ideas for fear of failing!
To achieve our grand vision, we think big and tackle technological challenges every day. We need builders and disruptors who are passionate and willing to learn and lead innovation. Our architecture and development processes support rapid experimentation, global deployments, and self-service capabilities that allow us to scale better.
· Elevated customer experiences: We will create beautiful and dynamic customer experiences that require deep knowledge of relevant UI technologies and user-centric design patterns.
· Amazon scale systems: All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving millions of customers with millisecond-level latency.
· Facial recognition and augmented reality (AR) experiences: We bring exciting experiences directly to the customer's mobile phone using their cameras and combinations of facial recognition and AR.
· Personalization using machine learning: We will be working with machine learning (ML) technologies such as data classification and reinforced learning models to provide better-personalized shopping experiences.
· 5+ years of experience in building and shipping Mobile, Desktop and/or Web Applications.
· Experience with iOS and/or Android app development.
· Experience building high performance full-stack web applications and ML based services.
· Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, AWS Lambda, and Amazon SageMaker.
· Experience influencing and driving software engineering best practices within your team.
· Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and collaborating across multiple teams.
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and startup-like environment
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Familiarity with HTML5, CSS, and one or more web frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, Node, Web Components).