Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch's Viewer Experience team builds features that grow, engage, and retain our global community of 100 million monthly viewers and counting. As a Fullstack Engineer on the Product Engineering team, you will work across different features to help Twitch visitors find and watch creators that they'll love. We're looking for experience in both front end web programming (JS frameworks, tooling, modern browser awareness) and server side programming (web architecture, SOA, database architecture).
· Design, build, and maintain performant, responsive and delightful web features
· Specify, implement, and maintain the services that will power these features
· Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
· Produce clean, high quality code, tests, and documentation
· Engage in code and design reviews with peers and partners
· Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
· Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
· Experience in growth engineering or similar product-oriented discipline
· Experience with React.js and GraphQL
· Experience writing Go in production systems
· You are a Twitch user yourself
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
· Maternity & Parental Leave
· Flexible PTO
· Commuter Benefits
· Amazon Employee Discount
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· 2 or more years experience engineering full stack web applications
· Familiarity with scalability, concurrency, and API design
· Ability to apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
· Strong organizational and communication skills