Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to be part of the Arlington HQ2 based AWS AppConfig team. AWS AppConfig is a brand new product that is changing the way customers think about configuration and code.
It all started a few years back when we identified a need to make configuration changes faster than traditional code deployments, but with the same operational scrutiny as code changes. So, we built a tool to address this need and now most teams across AWS, Amazon.com, Kindle, and Alexa use this configuration deployment system to perform changes dynamically in seconds, rather than minutes. A common question we receive from customers is how they can operate like us, so we committed to take this internal tool and launched AppConfig for customer use.
Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
· Experience working in start-up mode building new products and services from the ground up.
· Experience with Java, Go, Ruby and/or Python
· Intermediate knowledge of computer networking concepts and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
· Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet timelines
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills and leadership skills
· Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling, systems testing, and enterprise application integration
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering; equivalent experience would be considered in lieu of Bachelor's Degree