Are you interested in developing business analytics and distribution/logistics solutions? Are you interested in working directly with customers to define requirements for the solutions you are developing? Do you enjoy solving problems day-in day-out through your design and code?
The Amazon Foresight team is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative cloud based (AWS) applications that customers love. You will have an opportunity to influence the specification, design, architecture, and implementation of solutions used every day by people you interact with regularly. You will have the opportunity to lead the development of features from concept to productization.
An ideal candidate embraces uncertainty and enjoys taking calculated risks to deliver products at lightning speed and is clearly passionate about building new features from the scratch. A team first focus and solid communication skills will enable you to take on roles of increasing responsibility quickly.
Other responsibilities include:
· Own development and maintenance of key system features
· Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Participate in feature and technology roadmap discussions.
If you are looking for a challenging role that enables the opportunity to code/design everyday this is the place for you.
· MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
· 2+ years of experience building distributed computing and enterprise-wide system
· Knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture, Relational DB knowledge, DynamoDB, and various AWS technologies such as SQS, S3, CloudFormation, etc.
· Full Stack application development experience such as frontend UX development with Vuetify JS and html, backend Restful API endpoint implementation.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation and working as a team is desired
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 1+ years’ full-time experience in software design and development
· Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python, Golang)
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
· Experience building complex scalable distributed systems system that have been successfully delivered to customers