Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to excellent esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch.
About the Role:
The Emerging Platforms team at Twitch targets new opportunities to expand our community. The team's primary focus has been on a high performance, Universal React application for mobile devices. Now we're leveraging this system to expand onto other platforms, such as living room devices that benefit from our efficient and modular architecture. On this team you'll write in TypeScript and leverage Relay Modern, Lerna, & Next.js to deliver a delightful experience with maximum performance to our users across multiple platforms.
· Design and implement features to power the living room and mobile web applications.
· Partner with Design and Product Management to build core components.
· Collaborate with other engineering teams to advise and assist them in feature development.
· Research new web technologies and tooling.
· Experience working on mobile web applications, embedded web clients, or living room devices.
· Experience with Next.js, React, GraphQL, Relay Modern, Jest, or TypeScript
· Familiarity with AWS technologies
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
· 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
· Flexible PTO
· Commuter Benefits
· Amazon Employee Discount
· Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
· Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
· Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· 3+ years of web development experience
· Strong software engineering fundamentals
· Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering high-quality user experiences.