Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in computing, developers are able to durably store their on Amazon’s proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface and web that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of , at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
We’re looking for a Front End Engineer to drive technology to join our team. You will focus on the challenges of writing software and designing user experiences to handle the vast array of use cases that customers use on S3 today. You will dig into the details of new object API features one week, and will drive for new S3 storage analytic visualizations the next. You will brainstorm new experiences that break ground in enabling new enterprise workloads on S3. You will own innovations in securing workloads that come into S3's front door. You will mentor a group of engineers from the ground up to build solutions that impact a wide swath of customers with a focus on standards in coding, testing, and delivery.
· A deep understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, patterns and algorithms
· Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Ability to lead teams through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
· Experience innovating with technologies and frameworks
· Expert understanding of principles
· BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
· 3+ years of industry experience
· Experience driving and of web-based user interfaces using technologies such as or React
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as , or NodeJS
· Experience building components of service-oriented architectures