AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform innovates with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
The new AWS Accounts Console team simplifies the User Experience for AWS customers. We provide web-based experiences for customers to manage their root identity’s lifecycle (from account creation to account closure), their account preferences, access to AWS services, and regional access to customer marketplace information. Our mission is to create extraordinary user interfaces that are simple enough for less-technical users to ensure they are protecting their data.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be the technical leader developing improvements across multiple AWS consoles. You will work closely with a talented team of engineers, product managers, and UX designers to build browser-based user experiences that are easy to understand and improve the security of AWS customers. You will define and create platform solutions across multiple consoles to improve development speed, quality, and overall consistency. You will also drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improve the performance and security of the application.
You have an opportunity to join a new team. The team is a diverse, smart, and hardworking: among many things, we’re parents, musicians, and athletes who also enjoy time outside the office. If you strive in a positive, enthusiastic, and driven environment, have a passion for architecting and building web applications, are interested in upcoming web standards, and care about delighting customers by making it easier to secure data and applications of all different sizes and types, we'd love to talk to you!
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
· Experience driving software projects, including design, implementation, and deployment.
· Expertise in ReactJS and component web development
· Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby)
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· Deep understanding of best testing practices
· Real passion for Operational Excellence
· Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
· Experience with Java or C++/C#/.NET and the Spring Framework
· Familiarity with security technology and concepts (Authentication, Authorization, Single sign-on, Cryptography, etc.)
· Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Web applications design and development experience
· Several years of experience in a senior software or web development role
· Experience developing with MVC/MVM frameworks (e.g., React.JS, AngularJS, Vue)
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Informatics or equivalent experience