Our team is looking for a Front End Engineer to design and build new products. You will help define, design, and prototype these experiences. To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with Product Managers, UX Designers, and multiple service teams.
· We're looking for a creative self-starter who enjoys building technology from scratch.
· This role requires technical expertise and the ability to hit the ground running with React or similar frameworks.
· You will be responsible for solving complex problems pretty much from day one.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building user experiences and has a track record of building interfaces which are beautiful in form, function, and simplicity. The ability to work within a creative and positive team environment are key to the role.
· 2+ years of professional front-end development.
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Proficient UX design skills
· Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 1-2 years of professional front-end development experience or equivalent
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, etc.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to feedback
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for an agile-type development environment.