Amazon’s Sustainability Technologies Circular Economy team is looking for a talented Front End Engineer to build sustainability-focused software systems in our mission to eliminate the burden of waste disposal for customers, Amazon operations, and the Earth. As part of Amazon’s Worldwide Sustainability organization, you will work with key product stakeholders across Amazon to quantify opportunities for waste reduction, product re-use, and guide the development of large-scale elimination efforts.
You will build front end experiences that help Amazon customers make more sustainable shopping choices and contribute to the development of long term circular economy initiatives.
As a Front End Engineer you will work with your manager and team of highly skilled software, data, and test engineers to invent, design, and build highly stable and performant software. You will work with your internal customers to balance customer requirements with team requirements and help your team and business evolve. You will collaborate with leaders of partner teams developing our social responsibility and product compliance systems.
Each and every person buying, selling, or handling Amazon products will be your customer.
- Perform technical analysis, design, development, implementation of applications with necessary customization
- Develop web portals, sites, pages, microsites and web application integrations
- Troubleshoot and fix defects for planned releases and production issues
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain and enhance cloud applications in iterative release cycles
- Research and find opportunities to utilize web development best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring
· Ability to drive to clarity when requirements are ambiguous
· Excellent coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
· Passion for usability and creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
· Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience using Amazon Web Services
· Self-starter with the ability to collaborate across many job disciplines
· Experience developing complex enterprise focused applications
· Creative analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
· 3+ years of professional development experience in a web focused environment
· Experience maintaining a uniform user experience across multiple devices and browser types
· Experience rapidly prototyping and adjusting in response to customer feedback
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.)
· Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Experience with peer code reviews, unit testing, and agile development