We are the Developer Tools Team at Amazon. We love developers because we are developers. We work day in and day out to make their lives, and ours, better. We build and refine tools and services for their most essential tasks. Browsing, searching, reviewing, code analysis--at Amazon scale. We do it all, and we do it first. There's nothing like submitting a code review that improves the experience of developers! We own everything backend to frontend. We innovate with speed and purpose.
You love to build sleek, easily extended interfaces that explain the deep, complicated back-ends behind them to your users; one of your greatest secret joys is seeing somebody perform a previously-dangerous task in production, but with a new UI that sits atop fresh automation which removes the sharp edges. You relish the idea of building, modifying, extending, and where needed replacing tooling that supports a global infrastructure upon which some of the world's biggest companies run their businesses. You know good architecture from bad, are willing to hold your position while educating peers about your approach, and are just as happy to find a new and better approach as to be right in the first place. You design, code, and deliver production-quality user experiences on the technologies our customers interact with (e.g., web, mobile, device, etc.). The software you build is secure, accessible, maintainable, scalable, performant, and operationally excellent. You possess skill in UX design, front-end languages, libraries, frameworks.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
· Experience in responsive design, touch interfaces Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
· Passion for usability and creating efficient, scalable web interfaces.
· Experience developing software using modern frameworks such as AngularJS, React, Spring or Node.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Experience successfully mentoring other engineers Experience building large-scale web applications.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Experience in translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications
· Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
· Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity.
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.)
· Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches as needed, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal