Private Brands is fast-growing within Amazon, and is a highly visible, emerging business. We have a unique business and obsess over quality and building global brands our customers love. We aspire to be part of our customers’ everyday lives by offering them unique products at compelling prices backed by Amazon’s strong customer obsessed reputation.
The Role: We are looking for an exceptional senior front-end developer to help build a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution for Global Private Brands. Product development in Private Brands is a complex and global process. Some of the steps involved in getting a product from inception to the customer include Product design, Quality certification, Third-party and in-house testing, Mass production, Finalizing product label and packing, FDA approval (if ingestible) etc. Finally, since this is a WW platform, the unique international requirements add another layer of complexity. These different workflows involve complex sub-tasks and interactions with different retail systems, making this a truly complex and challenging capability with deep tentacles across many systems. The goal of this platform is to improve speed, drastically reduce the time to market, and enhance productivity across the entire product development process. You will work with stakeholders across the US & EU in Hardlines, Softlines, and Consumables Private Brands to define requirements and gain alignment to deliver a seamless product experience.
What do we expect you to do? You will be driving the development of front-end applications that deliver a best-in-class user experience. You will partner with product and design to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences that will delight customers and set a high bar for all web applications. You know about the nuances, pitfalls, strengths, and associated best practices of the various web application paradigms (single-page apps, MVC apps, static site generators, etc.). You believe in agile development and quick prototypes, and you strive to see your work in action. You are committed to building scalable, maintainable architectures, and to writing clean, readable code.
We are looking for talented software development engineers who can contribute to our ambitious goals and our world-class engineering culture. We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
Successful candidates for this position will have an ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to new development environments, changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
· Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services
· Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
· Experience with AWS
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
· Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
· Willingness to mentor junior engineers
· Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications
· 3+ years of experience designing and developing complex modern web applications
· 2+ years of experience with front-end frameworks like React, Angular, and Backbone
· Track record of delivering correct, stable, performant, and secure front-end software
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience