The Continuous Delivery team at AWS is looking for a Front End Engineer to help us make Continuous Delivery software that works at massive scale. The Continuous Delivery team in AWS owns and operates the systems that help development teams model, visualize, and automate their release processes. Our systems orchestrate the automated building, testing, and deployment of software systems at a scale not seen anywhere else in the industry. You have the opportunity to help guide the technology in Continuous Delivery, and be a champion for the user: insist on the highest standards and create functional, well-designed interfaces that delight our customers.
As a Front End Engineer, you'll own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development, plus serve as an owner for creating best-in-class customer-facing experiences. A commitment to teamwork and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are key requirements. Creating a reliable and high-performance product requires exceptional technical expertise. You should be somebody who enjoys building highly scalable, customer-centric, and efficient applications.
* You have an understanding of your customers (Amazon developers) and the challenges they face. You work relentlessly to delight them.
* You take responsibility for your code and the systems the team maintains.
* You solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices.
* You work with your team to invent, design, and build software that is stable and highly performant.
* You address root causes to ensure the operational excellence of our services.
* You write code that an FEE/SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand.
* You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/operational reviews.
* You foster a constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional way.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Interest in full stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 3+ years of professional front end development.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Skilled with common web development technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node.
· Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, and Vue.