The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on our team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company.
As a Front End Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to kernel and system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience, good knowledge of web services and protocols (HTTP/XML/REST). Knowledge of distributed systems architectures based on SOA is also desirable, as is experience with UI development with frameworks such as AngularJS. Experience with continuous delivery, git automation and build systems are particularly valued, as is experience delivering large-scale web UIs. You will be customer centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and communication skills.
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a team.
· Experience with MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring desired ,AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. DOJO, JQuery, AngularJS, etc.)
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and 1+ years relevant work experience (additional 4 years work experience is acceptable in place of a Bachelor’s degree)
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
· Skilled in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
· Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks,MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring desired.