Are you passionate about finding patterns in seemingly disparate problems? Does working closely with the customers to drive innovation excite you? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon’s new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Engineers for FinTech Fixed Asset Team. Fixed Assets is a significant line on Amazon’s balance sheet and growing 26% YOY. They range widely from buildings, furniture, servers, delivery vehicles, drones, airplanes, robots, etc. and are in every country in which we do business. We are building systems that service the fixed asset needs of tax, accounting, and finance teams worldwide, and automating transactions from asset creation through disposal. It is multi-year challenge and we are building a team with the technical chops to revolutionize fixed assets well beyond what any tier 1 ERPs can do today. This is your opportunity to make your mark in the design and architecture of the new system.
You will be owning and defining the front end development for a greenfield project. Creating the perfect user experience in a web environment requires a blend of technical knowledge, customer obsession and agility. You should be somebody who is interested in how the various components (browsers, networks, APIs, protocols and web servers) work together, and understand how they can be effectively used together to create great user experiences. You will work closely with customers and designers to ensure we are delivering interfaces that make it easy to do complex tasks, without making the experience challenging. You will be part of a small, fast moving team that will have a huge impact on the Amazon finance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional front-end engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with client side rendering platforms such as React, Angular or Vue.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
· Be able to deal with ambiguity and drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
· Able to work in a diverse team