Compliance Tech Team supports Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from recalled or unsafe products. We develop a suite of systems (manual, supervised, and fully automated) that enable product classification according to various taxonomies.
These include systems that:
· orchestrate and automate workflows,
· perform data extraction from documents (such as technical specifications) and images (such as product labels) associated with the products, making use of the latest NLP advances,
· perform standard symbol identification in documents and natural scenes,
· make classification recommendations and surface potential risks
· create and implement the user experience for interacting with amazon.com and other user interfaces for compliance
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in regulatory compliance with a vibrant and fast-growing company!
We are looking for Front End Engineers with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who will participate in the full development cycle from design and implementation to documentation and maintenance.
· Passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers
· Know about and continually want to learn more about modern web frameworks.
· Strive to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers.
· Know about the nuances, pitfalls, strengths, and associated best practices of the various web application paradigms (single-page apps, MVC apps, static site generators, etc.).
· Thrive in culture of ownership, delivery and bias for action
· Fast pace environment energizes you to be at your best
· Innovate and invent in agile and collaborative environment
· Curious and eager to learn to expect more of you and others
· Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code
· Be an advocate of industry best-practices to produce reliable, fault-torrent and dependable code
· Code and test complex systems; develop and leverage frameworks to be effective and efficient
· Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to maintain our high development standards
· Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications
· Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON
· Experience with AWS technologies and frameworks
· Strong customer focus, ownership and drive
· Experience in development best practices including Agile development, peer code reviews and unit testing.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· BS in Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years of experience developing web-based user interfaces
· Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
· Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment