Amazon CloudFront is a web service for content delivery and one of the cornerstones of AWS. We give developers and businesses an easy way to distribute content (webpages, APIs, games, movies, live streams, etc.) and place it closer to end users to speed up the user experience. The CloudFront developer experience team is looking for a front end engineer to join us in rethinking the way developers use CloudFront by crafting tools and experiences to delight our customers.
In this role, you'll build frontend features and tools that our customers engage with on a daily basis to improve their experience using CloudFront. This includes rapid prototyping, converting designs into working user interfaces, and building frontend experiences and tooling in the browser and on the command line. As part of a the developer experience team, you'll be integral to the early planning stages of what our team delivers. You'll not only be expected to write code, but also provide your perspective as a developer into improving the experience of CloudFront for other developers.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who is highly empathetic to developers and has an insatiable drive to get every detail right in order to deliver exceptional experiences. Customer obsession, ownership, strong judgment and communication skills, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for success in this role. An ideal candidate will enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere.
Our team is made up of product managers, engineers, and UX designers focused on creating the best end-to-end experience for developers to deploy their applications behind a CDN. We aim to create an experience that "just works" for a broad set of use cases. We operate much like a startup: there is a high level of creativity, innovation, autonomy, trust, and agility. If you enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers and are passionate about improving developer productivity and workflows for developers globally, we should chat!
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
· Experience with modern web technologies like the Jamstack ecosystem (e.g. Next.js, Nuxt, Gatsby) and micro frontends
· Software development experience with Node.js, serverless applications (API Gateway, Lambda functions), and web services (GraphQL)
· Thorough understanding of optimizing frontend performance
· UX design skills and/or experience building command line interfaces
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Proficiency with React, ES6 or TypeScript