Come and build innovative web services that secure the foundation of our cloud.
The Physical Situational Awareness Systems team builds and manages web services that are used by AWS employees to secure our physical sites. Our products allow our customer protect the AWS locations and preserves the trust that all AWS users have in us.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer who applies their web development and design skills with passion. You own your domain deliverables end-to-end; from design, to development, testing, and deployment. You collaborate with customers, technical program managers, software engineers and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to understand, create, iterate and improve. You demonstrate exceptional customer relationships skills and love to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests. You enjoy simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges.
You’ll work with software development engineers every day that are as passionate as you are about building essential tools for our customers to keep AWS sites secure and ensure the best user experience! The products you build are used around the world to secure assets for every single AWS customer!
Our team provides solutions where “can’t be done” isn’t considered an answer, taking on the impossible and finding creative solutions. You will stretch yourself and grow. You will share your knowledge with others and help others achieve. You’ll be empowered to automate away operational efficiencies for both the team and our customers. You will be challenged to solve complex architecture problems with solutions that are extensible and scale, yet look for ways to further simplify your solutions.
You will join a team that values strong intuition, but seek metrics and other data sources to back up their assumptions.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10 am to 4 pm, but schedules vary between team members. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have a modest on-call rotation where you may participate once every 1 – 2 months.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. The team has a mix of experience levels, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers and managers truly value different perspectives from junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and constructive code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We assign projects and tasks based on what will help team members develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build a cool service, but we also believe a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers. We want someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
For more information, please reach out to to AWS Recruiter, Courtney Schumm (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
· Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - React, Angular
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
· Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front end development.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery, etc.