AWS Security Assurance is looking for talented front-end development engineers to build compliance solutions for challenging legal and regulatory problems.
· Owns several internal and external tools using a variety of technologies
· Helps AWS customers meet their security, privacy and regulatory needs
· Works directly with audit teams, lawyers, product managers, and other engineering teams across AWS
· Is distributed across four timezones — we are open to some non-Seattle locations
In this Front-end Software Engineer role, you will:
· Design and build scalable UIs
· Lead complex projects from requirements to launch.
· Establish the best processes and drive improvements in design, development and operations.
· Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
· Make a direct contribution to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of an Agile team.
· Be part of growing, tight-knit team within a wider community of experience and knowledge.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
· Experience with Java and AWS services
· Understanding of security and compliance principles and best practices
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· 3+ years of software development experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
· Experience with data structures, and algorithms.
· Operational experience with responsibility for system reliability and uptime.