Come join a creative team dedicated to change the way the world sees the Cloud!
The Amazon Managed service for Grafana team gives customers actionable visibility into the health of their applications and services by integrating popular open source technology with the AWS ecosystem. Our new service is providing broad observability visualization both inside Amazon along with AWS customers across the world.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is home to massive technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We are seeking a talented and seasoned front-end engineer to lead UX for two new AWS services, working in the intersection of open-source and hyper scale cloud services.
This is a unique opportunity to come in on the ground floor and define the direction of two strategic AWS services from initial design to GA and beyond. In this role, you will work closely with large and active open-source communities and are encouraged to drive on-going contributions to the community. You will be representing AWS in on-going open source meetings and events and influencing the direction of the community front-end efforts as well as driving AWS specific differentiated functionality.
Our team is looking for a front-end engineer to design, build, and maintain customer experiences that span multiple observability and interactive data visualization use cases. You will help define, design, prototype, and build these experiences that empower developers, Ops and business decision makers to gain insights from cloud applications in AWS and beyond.
To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with peers, product managers, UX designers, and the open-source community.
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about optimizing user experiences and has a track record of building interfaces which are beautiful in form, function, and simplicity. The ability to work within a creative and positive team environment is key to the role.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
One or all of the following preferred:
· Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
· Understand how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Have strong problem solving and debugging skills that extend beyond the boundaries of front-end development.
· Have solid coding practices including peer code reviews and unit testing.
· Experience with interactive visualization and or search.
· Have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
· Solid UI or UX skills, with experience building web and/or mobile interfaces for displaying information. Effectively considers users with varying technical proficiency, data literacy levels and accessibility constraints.
· Be comfortable with web performance profiling, troubleshooting and optimization. Familiar with web performance best practices.
· Be comfortable with modern web development practices and technologies and be able to take a project from scoping requirements through launch of the project such as working with a design team and then translating wireframes into a scalable front end architecture.
· Experience coding in Java, Go and/or Typescript. (but don’t worry, we’ll train you if you meet the basic qualifications)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
· 2+ years of experience developing web applications
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as JavaSript, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.