Are you fascinated by other languages and cultures? Do you want to work on projects with a global impact? And are you good at finding creative engineering solutions to complex problems? Then this is your chance to combine your passions by helping us extend AWS Cloud Computing to all corners of the globe.
The AWS Localization team makes AWS resources accessible to anyone who needs them in their language and adapted for their culture. But we’re much more than translators: since we're a technology company, we push the boundaries to find efficient engineering solutions to localization challenges, such as design and build platforms/tools to automate the localization process and how to design our products to take advantage of that automation platforms. Join us and help extend the AWS Cloud around the world!
AWS is looking for a Front End Engineer (FEE) with an international mindset, to help us develop new technical approaches to new and old localization challenges. Responsibilities for this role include:
· Work with TPMs/PMs within the AWS Localization team and our upstream engineering teams to find creative engineering solutions to localization challenges - like how to automate sending the intended content to the localization production pipeline.
· Design, build, and deploy solutions, and/or work with upstream teams to integrate the solutions with their systems
· Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with smart, motivated people - who also like to have fun!
· Experience with globalization design and/or localization processes
· Experience with Content Management Systems and/or Translation Management Systems
· Familiarity with service-oriented architecture, API construction & use, etc.
· Deep knowledge of XML and JSON a plus
· Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, runtime complexity
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 1+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.