Amazon Live is one of the newest and fastest growing strategic programs at Amazon. We are creating an innovative real-time video shopping experience that integrates audience interactivity with live streaming video. In the summer of 2020, we enabled influencers to stream live using our Amazon Live Creator iOS app on the Amazon homepage, amazon.com/live and their Amazon influencer stores. We are now focusing on the next phases of our program in an effort to delight our customers with engaging content that is personalized.
We are looking for talented and creative front end engineers to enhance our experiences and real time interactivity features across multiple platforms and support the video creator/viewer mobile app front end. This position requires solving difficult front-end engineering problems, applying appropriate technologies, UX patterns and best practices. Along the way, you’ll learn about live streaming video and advertising through the lens of a new business. In addition, you’ll collaborate with members of our agile team, including product management, marketing, and UX design. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company
If you are interested in building an entertainment product, enjoy a fun and collaborative working environment, and want to work on a strategic new initiative, join our team today!
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Math or related field with 1+ years of relevant work experience.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, or C# including object-oriented design
· Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, and MVC frameworks.
· Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
· Able to distill problem definitions and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience with object-oriented design