Amazon's Fulfillment Technologies group is seeking enthusiastic and talented Frontend Engineer to help innovate, architect, design and build highly available, scalable and real time applications. As a member of a small team, you will get the opportunity to work on highly visible, innovative projects that directly impact thousands associates working in Amazon fulfillment centers worldwide. You will be involved in all the aspects of the software development cycle with focus on web development including scoping, design, implementation, testing & delivery of your products well as setting the vision and future roadmap. As world’s largest fulfillment operations handling group, we obsess for innovation in simplifying these operations. One of the most challenging aspects of day-to-day fulfillment center operations is improving FC associates experience by building better tools to handle their tasks and to overcome issue along the process. FC associates handling tens of thousands of items received, stored, picked, packed and shipped to our customers.
We are looking for the candidates with strong obsession towards building a unified platform that enhances the users ability to bring engineering excellence to what engineers do. You will get a chance to build the automations around Amazing scale of high impact software systems and operations. And the best part? We are on the cutting-edge of technology for order fulfillment across the globe, and there are no textbook solutions for the challenges we take on to build and implement them. There are so many opportunities to innovate, invent on behalf of our users and simplify the operational processes for improving the FCs operability and FC associates productivity - it is still Day One.
As part of a growing team, you will have opportunities to mentor and coach other engineers. You would be joining as bring innovation into engineering excellence for all the AWS products. You would be responsible for implementing technology solutions that can scale at the rapidly growing pace of our customer and partner community. You will help to shape product vision and quickly iterate on front-end interfaces and have a working knowledge of back-end data handling. You consider usability, accessibility, and performance in the products you build and work backward from the customer to anticipate their needs. You leverage your knowledge of the nuances, pitfalls and strengths of the various front-end development frameworks and associated best practices.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering,
· 3 years of professional front end development around the user experience, an eye for design and attention to detail, and experience with responsive web design.
· Experience in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
· Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, and MVC frameworks.
· Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
· Able to work in a diverse team