Front End Engineer - Amazon DynamoDB
Are you interested in building operational interfaces supporting some of the largest distributed systems in the world? Do you want to revolutionize the way people view and manage huge volumes of data? In AWS DynamoDB, our mission is to provide customers with best in class cloud data services to store, query and analyze the enormous datasets that their businesses generate. We build distributed storage, index and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use. These are exciting times – we are building out an elite team of developers in Dublin working on ambitious initiatives to keep pace with global demand for DynamoDB. Check out this video for one example on how DynamoDB helps its customers scale their database needs.
If this is you, AWS is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies in a very large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
· Design, implement, and deploy complex front-end user interface components. Have a solid understanding of design approaches and how to best use them.
· Work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully.
· Consistently deliver high quality work (e.g., secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.) and incorporates best practices.
· Provide useful code reviews for changes submitted by other engineers on the team. Ensure your code reviews tend to be rapid and uneventful.
· Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain.
· Make improvements to your team's development and testing processes.
· Confidently train new team-mates about your customers, what your team's software does, how it is constructed, tested, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
· Contribute to your team teams hiring process.
· You have a passion for implementing world-class user interfaces making use of the latest and best web technologies.
· You want to talk to customers directly and design solutions that solve their problems through innovation and automation.
· You understand how to build software in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment.
· You are a self-starter and enjoy solving challenging problems and working in a fast-paced, flexible, collaborative