Does building best-in-class shopping experience for customers excite you? Do you like to be at the center of launching new, fascinating devices every year for millions of our customers worldwide every year? Is your DNA beaming with Think Big, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Obsession, Deliver Results, and Develop the Best?
Amazon Devices is looking for a results-oriented and passionate senior front end engineer who wants to help transform the way people shop for Amazon devices, bundles, and accessories: whether it's online or offline; on desktop, tablet, or mobile; or using the power of your voice.
Who We Are
We are the ones that make millions of customers on Amazon.com browsing and shopping for Amazon Devices like Echo, Tablets, Kindle, and Fire TV a reality and in several offline channels. We are one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Who You Are
As the lead front end engineer for the Amazon Devices business, you will own the front end technical strategy and execution to build products, features, and services that facilitate the entire customer journey starting from search until checkout. This is a highly visible role and inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with product management, design, senior and principal engineers across multiple teams to deliver new products, features, and services.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background, customer obsession and the ability to deal with ambiguity. As a Front End Engineer, you will lead and mentor other talented engineers on the team. You will be responsible for building the best customer experience on Amazon.com for all our customers wanting to learn more and buy Amazon devices like Echo, Fire Tablets, Kindles, Fire TV, and more. You'll operate with a very high bar on latency, accessibility, security, and usability. You will interact with Product Managers and Designers and convert their vision into a technical solution. You will collaborate with other Front End and Software Engineers to deliver inspiring customer-facing products. You will also guide the team on web/mobile development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build.
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
· Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Perl)
· Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
· Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Rails, C++ or C#
· Understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis