Amazon Web Services (AWS) QuickSight is looking to hire talented software development engineer to build world class experiences and services for our customers. AWS QuickSight is a fast, easy-to-use cloud-based, serverless Business Intelligence (BI) service designed for easy deployment to tens of thousands of users. As a fully-managed SaaS application, there’s no need to buy, manage and scale servers and no software to deploy and upgrade. QuickSight is deeply integrated with AWS data sources, allowing companies to deploy secure and scalable BI with their data on AWS.
· Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions by working with PM, UX designers, and customers.
· Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
· Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
· Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
· Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
· Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 1+ years of professional experience
· Passion for usability and creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
· Experience developing software using modern frameworks such as Angular JS, React, Spring or Node
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency, and drive
· Experience building large-scale web applications.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or the equivalent).
· OO design and coding skills in Java
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.