Who are we? Amazon Reliability and Maintenance Engineering (RME) Development team is responsible for building highly scalable and reliable software systems and solutions that maximizes the capacity and lifespan of different equipment that are part of Amazon Fulfillment & Logistics networks.
What are we working on? We are working on a Green Field Initiative Project of building an internal Computerized Maintenance Management System from scratch. It's Day 1 for this project and we're at the very beginning of building out an entire suite of products and solutions related to asset and equipment maintenance.
What do we expect you to do? You will be driving the development of front-end applications that deliver a best-in-class user experience. You will partner with product team UX design team to understand customer requirements and build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek front end web components that will delight customers and set a high bar for all web applications. We expect you to know about the nuances, pitfalls, strengths, and associated best practices of the various web application paradigms (single-page apps, MVC apps, static site generators, etc.). You should be comfortable working in a agile development ecosystem, building quick prototypes, and you strive to see your work in action. You are expected to build scalable, maintainable architectures, and to write clean, readable, and maintainable code. You will be doing hands-on development of web and mobile applications and integration of other Amazon and third-party tools into seamless solutions for our customers. Successful candidates can juggle multiple priorities, quickly adapt to new environments, design new architectures, find creative solutions to difficult problems, and are highly focused on customer needs. functional and global teams.
Note: Although the core team is based in Seattle, we will be happy to accommodate you in different locations if we already have an Amazon development center in that city.
Key Responsibilities in this role:
· Work closely with senior engineers, UX designers and product managers to develop friendly UI experiences.
· Take user-facing features from design to implementation, coding both the UI and back-end functionality.
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
· Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
· Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
· Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
· Develop/maintain operational rigor for the front-end of a fast-growing Amazon RME stack.
· Develop the engineers of an existing “two pizza” scrum team.
· Engage with customers and other partners.
· Help with hiring and mentoring.
· Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields.
· Experience working with UX teams to define, prototype, and implement great customer experiences.
· Understanding of common UX patterns and ability to identify and mitigate UX design risks early in the development process.
· Attuned design sense so can collaborate with UX designers and hold a high bar with “backend” SDE’s.
· Understands frontend software design patterns (e.g. asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
· Experience with AWS Services (S3, Dynamo DB, Kinesis, EC2, Pinpoint, etc.).
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Passionate about mentoring and has deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
· Able to learn large scale complex systems quickly.
· Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
· Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
· Ability to decompose problems into clear software and UX design actions.
· Ability to dive into source code of frontend libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary.
· Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields
· Proficiency in developing frontend software, with deep experience in one or more relevant frontend MVC/MVM frameworks (React, Angular etc.) and UI test frameworks (Carbon, Next)
· 3+ years of experience in multi-tier web architecture with knowledge of cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
· Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, ) and open-source technologies.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals (such as data structures, algorithms, architecture, OO design)
· Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication in English