AWS Region Services is looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer to join our Dedicated Cloud Solutions team. You will build user experiences for internal tools that are used by teams across AWS to launch their services and features in Dedicated Clouds. These tools will support both the planning and execution phases of the launch process. These tools will enable teams to accurately plan their launches and meet the expectations of a broad range of AWS customers.
This position requires solving difficult front-end engineering problems, applying appropriate technologies, UX patterns and best practices. You will increase the speed of implementation of UX features by identifying and mitigating design risks early. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company. You will have the opportunity to work closely with AWS leadership and a broad range of AWS teams to help facilitate large scale automation for building solutions for global customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Flexible Work Locations
This position will be based in northern Virginia (Arlington HQ2 or Herndon) or in Seattle, Washington once it is safe to return to the office. Until that time, this position will be virtual in the US.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Experience in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
· Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, and MVC frameworks.
· Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
· 1+ years of experience mentoring, coaching and developing junior engineers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years of professional front end development around the user experience, an eye for design and attention to detail, and experience with responsive web design.