If you have ever recommended a product on Amazon to someone, chances are you used the "Share" feature! The Social Share team drives programs and software initiatives to ensure Amazon customers get the best sharing experience. Shopping is inherently social and we aim to help our customers connect with their friends and family more conveniently as they shop on Amazon.
As a front end engineer in our team, you will have the opportunity to own customer-facing experiences and truly innovate on their behalf. You will help to define, prototype, build, and maintain these experiences that empower the customer shopping journey on Amazon. You will collaborate with UX designers, product managers, and your team to build stable, secure, and world-class cross-platform products that makes sharing easy and fun for customers.
Successful candidates need to be innovative, flexible, self-directed, able to design and write reliable, maintainable and high-performance code. You must be able to deal with ambiguity, and make data-driven decisions. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and like the idea of working autonomously, this is the career opportunity for you.
We care about your career growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You will have ample opportunities to grow your skills in several areas not limited to front-end engineering.
· 5+ years of professional front end development.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback.
· Experience building front-end features that have been successfully delivered to customers for mobile applications.
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 3+ years of professional front-end development.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node.
· Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React/Vue and cross-platform frameworks such as ReactNative.
· Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
· Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.