NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all Front End Engineer roles in Seattle, WA.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Front End Engineer to help drive the development of new features, functionality, and capabilities for AWS.
Are you interested in enabling the coolest scientific and medical research teams out there to make the next big breakthrough? Or perhaps post-production houses to produce movies and other works of art?
In this role, you'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced agile environment. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a global scale, while touching and influencing large parts of the consumed AWS services. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the features that will support some of the most important initiatives our customers are working on.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the opportunities that AWS provides our customers with, building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. AWS is looking for candidates that will thrive and succeed, by delivering high quality sustainable solutions when priorities shift fast, and are able to work with a team or independently as the situation dictates. If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great products for customers, then this is the right role for you!
· 1+ years of web application code design and architecture
· Proficient in 1 or more front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, or Vue)
· Practical knowledge of 1 or more core languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python, Ruby, or Node.js)
· Proficient in 1 or more version control software platforms (e.g. git, Subversion, Mercurial)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited University or college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science or related STEM Degree (with a degree conferral date between November 2020 and August 2021)