Amazon Web Services (AWS) QuickSight is looking to hire talented frontend engineer to build world class experiences for our customers. AWS QuickSight is a fast, easy-to-use cloud-based, serverless Business Intelligence (BI) service designed for easy deployment to tens of thousands of users. As a fully-managed SaaS application, there’s no need to buy, manage and scale servers and no software to deploy and upgrade. QuickSight is deeply integrated with AWS data sources, allowing companies to deploy secure and scalable BI with their data on AWS.
In this role, you will build experiences for AWS QuickSight application on a wide variety of devices and form factors. This role offers wide scope, autonomy, and ownership. The ideal candidate will bring deep technical and leadership experience to work with team of rock star engineers to drive multi-year design and architecture decisions. In this role you will make worldwide impact of how our customers around the world analyze and visualize data. If this sounds like a project you’ve been working towards and would like to deliver, please contact us today, and let’s talk about how you can be a part of it.
Software engineers at Amazon partner with the customers, stakeholders, product managers and UX designers to define and execute the product goals. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Master Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
· 6+ years of software development experience
· Expert in software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures)
· Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
· Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
· Experience building complex web-based applications utilizing strong design system adherence
· Experience with building front end engineering platform stack for cross-team or cross product use
· Experience with development on the AWS platform
· Experience with data visualization software is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
· 3+ years of software development experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment