Amazon Web Services (AWS) QuickSight is looking to hire talented frontend engineer to build world class experiences. AWS QuickSight is a fast, easy-to-use cloud-based, serverless Business Intelligence (BI) service designed for easy deployment to tens of thousands of users. As a fully-managed SaaS application, there’s no need to buy, manage and scale servers and no software to deploy and upgrade. QuickSight is deeply integrated with AWS data sources, allowing customers to deploy secure and scalable BI with their data on AWS.
In this role, you will build user experiences for AWS QuickSight. The ideal candidate will bring deep technical and leadership experience to work with team of rock star engineers to drive design and architecture decisions that impact long term vision. The decisions are crucial in how the customers around the world analyze and visualize data. If this sounds like a project you’ve been working towards, please contact us today, and let’s talk about how you can be a part of it.
Frontend engineers at Amazon partner with the customers, stakeholders, product managers and UX designers to define and execute the product goals. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution, have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and coding best practices.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 3+ years of professional experience
· Experience with responsive web design and the ability to deliver outstanding functionality across devices and platforms.
· Experience with owning and maintaining high level of engineering operational excellence on applications in production at scale.
· Experience building complex web-based applications utilizing strong design system adherence
· Experience with building WCAG AA/AAA or 508 compliant front-end products.
· Experience with development on the AWS platform
· Experience with data visualization software is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field and 3+ years of professional experience
· Experience developing software under UNIX/Linux environments.
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OO design patterns, web application design and SOA
· Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions.
· Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
· Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
· Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment